Careline Pimple Concealer

So far, my not-yet-to-be-called-a-kit is composed of a gel foundation, two way cake powder, limited shade of eye shadow, tiny eyeliner, two lipsticks, and a few variety of lip balm/gloss. Yes, I don't have the ever-essential concealer and I could apparently deal with life without it.

Then I came across an interesting concealer when I checked the price of my favorite gloss, and thought that maybe I should try it since I had this ridiculous pimple on my cheek at that time.


It's Careline's Pimple Concealer. It's on a not-so-nice packaging, tiny container that I wouldn't mind throwing away if I'm not satisfied with it, and it's not expensive. Once again, a product that I have no idea of until I got home.



I got the Almond shade since the SA recommended it to me in a sort of let's-get-this-done-and-over-with attitude. If it's because there's this guy who seemed to be running an errand (concerning make-ups) that she's quite busy attending to or it's just how she handles her work - I don't know.

Basically, the product contains tea tree oil which, according to the site, could prevent pimples. Goodie! But I'm not a fan of its smell. Then I applied it onto my face, and poof! I'm like, "That was it?"

The first concern was that perhaps I should have opted for a darker shade, and second was that it barely lightened my pimple. I have read one or two reviews about it which all mentioned that the product could not really conceal it, but it helps in lightening the acne.

Don't worry, I gave it another shot a few days later and it finally lightened my pimple - but not conceal it, sadly. The smell gradually became bearable for me. And despite the it's-not-really-concealing-the-damn-pimple part, it's still on my closet.

Will I try purchase it again? On this shade, no. If I have the amount to spare, probably. I'd love to try out another shade...

4 comments:

  1. I just bought it today! I have it in Oriental which is the shade before the darkest one. It does have a weird smell but I can bear with it :)

    And I hate SA's that are like that.

    Thanks for the review.

    xxxx,

    FMWL

    ReplyDelete
  2. can it conceal dark spots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my case, it can't fully conceal dark spots :(

      Delete